“It is an honor to be part of making your dreams come true.”
The historic 1892 Spookhuis is home to our Country Café, wedding facility, library and loft-styled conference room. Previously in a state of ruin, a historic restoration returned this enchanting manor house back to its original grandeur. Say your vows beneath the ancient milkweed grove on the water’s edge, and celebrate your reception beneath a gorgeous bedouin tent at the 1892 Spookhuis. Please browse the below information to find out more about our venue, detailed information on accommodation, as well as food and activities.
Once the sun had sunk into the water everyone moved under a canopy of trees, dripping with fairy lights to celebrate. This wedding celebration really did resemble a midsummer night’s dream…Toni Fawzy
- Venue: 1892 Spookhuis
- Wedding Service
- Bedouin Tent
- Table Setting
- Serving Staff
- Bar Facility
- Extras at Mosaic
• Outdoor ceremony site on the edge of the Hermanus Lagoon with beautiful mountain views.
The Dutch Reformed Church and the Anglican Church in Stanford are alternatives for the ceremony, at an additional cost.
• A table and two chairs for the signing of the wedding register.
• Mingle area under a canopy of Milkwood trees for cocktails and comfortable lounge seating on wooden decks.
• Cocktail table with pitchers and glasses for reception drinks.
• List of furniture to use from the Spookhuis: includes rectangular tables and 44 matching chairs.
• Inside dance floor (5m x 9m) in the Spookhuis loft with audio and video system, microphone, speakers and projection screen.
• Wood for fires at fireplaces inside the Spookhuis and the outside fire pit.
• 4 Bathrooms with hand towels, liquid soap and lotion.
• An Excel spreadsheet wedding budget tool for all wedding costs.
• Specially designed wedding manual and time schedule.
• Administration regarding MOSAIC accommodation and venue.
• On-site reception and management of service providers.
• Basic ceremony site and reception set up. Includes set up of tables and chairs owned by MOSAIC.
• Check-in and management of accommodation guests.
• Management of wedding guests during the wedding.
• Management of time schedule.
• Management of venue staff.
• Management of music: softens at 23:00 and ends at 23:30.
• Management until closing of venue at 24:00.
• Size: 22 m x 17 m
• Rental, set up and take down of the tent.
• Lighting is extra
Set up of crockery, cutlery, glasses
• Hors d’oeuvre plate, fork and knife.
• Main course plate, fork and knife.
• Side plate.
• Dessert plate, fork and spoon.
• Red wine, white wine and champagne glasses.
• White cup and saucer with teaspoon.
• Charge depends on the amount of time and if travel is required.
Last call for bar service is at 23:00. The bar and venue close at 24:00.
• Open Bar: The wedding couple pays for all wine, beer and bar drinks.
• Split Bar: The wedding couple pays for wine and beer, and guests pay for bar drinks.
• Cash Bar: The guests pay for all drinks.
Bar service fee includes:
• Secure cool storage for drinks.
• A bar counter.
• Ice – 1 kg/pp.
• Highball glasses, tumblers and wine glasses for serving drinks at the bar.
• Washing of glasses through out the evening.
EXTRAS at MOSAIC
• GLASSES: Specialty glasses: Martini glasses, etc.
• CHILDS PLAY ROOM includes: MOSAIC welcomes children of all ages. To keep the little ones occupied while parents are attending the wedding, we set up a special play room for them. It consists of a 10 seater table, beanbag chairs, a flatscreen DVD player for educational wildlife films and children movies, coloring books, crayons and toys. Camp cots are also available.
• SITTER: Baby sitter: Quantity is determined by the amount and ages of children.
• LADIES CHOIR: Wedding songs can be sung by our local Stanford Ladies’ Choir before and/or after the ceremony. They write their own songs and include the wedding couple’s name in their songs.
• BREAKAGE: A R 5,000.00 non-refundable deposit is required to confirm a date. This deposit is held as a breakage deposit until 10 days after the wedding. Any amount of breakage above the deposit amount will also be due.
Accommodation at Mosaic
• Cottage rental is required for weddings at the 1892 Spookhuis, which is next door.
Duminy: Sleeps 9 total
• 1 King ensuite bedroom, bathroom w/outdoor shower and tub.
• 1 Double twin ensuite bedroom, bathroom w/shower only.
• 5 Twin beds in the loft, separate bathroom w/shower only.
• Open room for living, dining and kitchen.
• 2 large covered patios, large upper deck and outdoor braai.
• Beautiful mountain and lagoon views.
Milkwood Trail Cottage: Sleeps 4 Adults + 4 Children
• 1 King ensuite bedroom and bathroom w/tub only.
• 1 Queen bedroom and 2 twins in adjoining room with separate bathroom w/shower and tub.
• 2 Fold-out sofa beds in separate living room.
• Dining room, kitchen, 2 covered patios and indoor braai.
Garden Trail Cottage: Sleeps 4 Adults + 2 Children
• 1 King ensuite bedroom and 1 fold-out sofa bed and bathroom w/shower over tub.
• 1 King bedroom and 1 twin bed in adjoining room with separate bathroom w/shower only.
• Open room for living, dining, kitchen, large covered patio and outdoor braai.
Fynbos Trail Cottage: Sleeps 2 Adults + 1 Child
• 1 King bedroom and 1 fold-out sofa bed, separate bathroom w/shower and tub.
• Open bedroom with living, dining, kitchen, patio and outdoor braai.
• Beautiful mountain and lagoon views.
Sleeps 10 Adults + 2 Children
• Woven into an ancient milkwood grove on the edge of the Hermanus Lagoon.
• 5 Individual ensuite chalets built safari style with stone, glass and thatch.
• Bathrooms w/outdoor shower and tubs.
• Private decks with mountain and lagoon views.
• Boardwalks lead to a large lapa for living, dining, bar and large fireplace.
• Outdoor decks with beautiful mountain and lagoon views.
• Heated plunge pool overlooking the mountains.
• Secluded and private.
Food & Activities
• Saturday breakfast baskets
• Saturday Bridal picnic lunch
• Saturday picnic baskets for additional guests
• Wedding meal
• Sunday Spookhuis breakfast buffet
• Boat Cruise for up to 16 people: Wet your feet and taste buds on the Hermanus Lagoon.
• Quad Bike Tours: Explore magnificent flora, birds and lagoon wetlands on 933 hectares of MOSAIC. Quantities to be determined.
• Guided Nature Walk through fynbos
• Guided Kayaking
We work with a stellar team of preferred suppliers that deliver the exceptional quality and service…. etc etc
Meet some of our preferred suppliers below:
I consider consider myself as a “visual artist”. I hold a deep appreciation for natural, romantic light, and images that exude a sense of class, style, yet with a distinctly editorial feel. From weddings, through to editorial projects, I literally think “cover shot” with every frame!
I always try and find common ground where I’m able to relate with the bridal couple, becoming part of their celebration and truly share in their joy and excitement. My approach is simple and true and my work is as pure and raw as the sentiments of a beautiful wedding day.
At Zest Catering, exceptional quality is our most important ingredient – from the freshest produce we use to create contemporary and mouth watering flavours, to the innovative way in which we present our food, to the impeccable service that we deliver.
Make Up Artist
Professional Makeup Artist
Bridal and Special Event Makeup
Available All Year Round
Mon Ami Cakes
At Mon Ami I pride myself on beautiful AND delicious cakes, cupcakes & any other yumminess!
I use free range, local eggs, support local business’ as much as possible as I believe we should all support each other and help each other grow.
4 Every Event
Decor & Flowers
Dare to dream and we will make those dreams come true! 4 Every Event offers a personalized service through a well established family business celebrating with you this exciting and special occasion. We can get involved according to your unique needs from the ‘invite to the goodnight’.